James Fenimore Cooper Society Website
This page is: http://external.oneonta.edu/cooper/society.html
Cooper Society and Membership
Updated September 2016.
Return to Home Page
The James Fenimore Cooper Society is a friendly and informal group of students, scholars, and readers, scattered around the globe, and united by our common interest in the life, writings, and ideas of James Fenimore Cooper, and his daughter Susan Fenimore Cooper. Our Corresponding Secretary, Hugh C. MacDougall, who founded the Society in 1989, is always prepared to assist students or scholars with their Cooper research, making use of his extensive library of Cooper and Cooper-related materials. Just Ask Fenimore.
All materials are sent by air mail to overseas members, at no extra cost.
- The James Fenimore Cooper Society Journal. Issued 2-3 times per year, the Journal includes articles, papers presented at the Cooper Panels at the annual American Literature Association Conference, research notes, reviews of new books and other Cooper-related materials, news about Cooper studies and Cooper Society members, and information on upcoming conferences and other events.
- The James Fenimore Cooper Society Miscellaneous Papers. Issued irregularly, they include reference materials related to James Fenimore Cooper and Susan Fenimore Cooper. Material from previous numbers of the Miscellaneous Papers is available on the Cooper Society website.
- Digital back issues of The James Fenimore Cooper Society Newsletter (1989-2015) and The James Fenimore Cooper Society Miscellaneous Papers (1990-2014). Currently in preparation, these back issues of Cooper Society publications will be available to members upon request.
- A periodic membership list.
- Advance notice of, and call for papers for, the week-long biennial Cooper Seminar/Conference, held in early July in "odd" numbered years at the State University of New York College at Oneonta (SUNY Oneonta). Papers may relate to either James Fenimore Cooper or his eldest daughter Susan Fenimore Cooper. The Conference/Seminar provides an opportunity both for presenting papers and for extended informal contact between Cooper scholars and fans. It may also be taken "for credit" at undergraduate and graduate levels.
Membership costs only US$15.00 per calendar year!
You may pay up to three years ($35) in advance
TO JOIN, print out, complete, and send in the Membership Application—or equivalent information in any form.
TO JOIN online, please visit our landing page at www.jfcoopersociety.org where you can select your membership and submit your dues securely via Paypal.
TO JOIN by mail, print out, complete, and send in the Membership Application—or equivalent information in any form.
Return to Top of Page