NYSTC Online Academy
All courses require access to the internet and comfort level with email, Microsoft Word and uploading documents. Some require knowledge of other technologies or programs. Teachers are expected to log into and work with the class site at least 3 times each week.
Check out the OLA website for detailed descriptions, course requirements and expectations --before registering!
Contact info: Marianne Smith email@example.com 845-942-7604
Contact Info: Debbie Studnitzer firstname.lastname@example.org 845-942-7614
All courses are 15 hours in length. OLA Course Fee: $150 per course (The Catskill Regional Teacher Center has some scholarships for these courses. Please contact the Catskill Regional Teacher Center BEFORE you sign up for the course. The scholarships are on a reimbursement basis.)
Course running from March 16 – May 4, 2011
- Creating Supportive Literacy Environments for English Language Learners
- Social Studies Interactive: Exploring Social Studies Websites and Online Tools for your Interactive Whiteboard
- Using Google Tools for Collaboration, Enrichment and Differentiation of Instruction
- Designing SMARTBoard Activities that Promote Higher Order Thinking
- Understanding Aspergers Syndrome
- Brain Science Educator
- Differentiated Math: Reaching All Learners